Why My Pigeon Lost After I Release it and Not Returning Home

General discussion about pigeon genetics
ALEXLUVPIGEON

Why My Pigeon Lost After I Release it and Not Returning Home

Post by ALEXLUVPIGEON »

Everyone I just released my pigeon yesterday hoping it can return to my home. i release him at the early morning but after a while, he doesn't return. i'm so sad right now. i also wonder why he did not return. he is a white male pigeon. he is just 5-6 months old. usually, i release him around my neighborhood only 10-30 meters usually he returns. but yesterday i tried to release it a bit far around 600 meters something. now he has not returned. and unfortunately, that day after i released him 3 hours later it was raining. i taking care of him since baby when i found him on the side road injured. he never mingles with any pigeon. he only mingles with my family and cat. my cat has never been a threat to him because my cat doesn't care about pigeons. and he just lived in his cage until he became an adult after that I just released him around the house and he never traveled far he only flew around my house. is there any reason why my pigeon did not return? is it because it rained that day after i released him? does raining affect the pigeon to find a way back home? or is it because he was confused about finding my home? because i live in a terrace house neighborhood and many houses around us could he get confused? And my place doesn't have any predators like falcon or others. now it's day 2 and I'm still waiting for him 😭. Is it because he used to live in a cage until he became an adult that makes him can't find a way home when released it far? btw his tail doesn't have full feathers because some of his tail feathers fell off so his flying quite shaking. please anyone that expert can explain to me why my pigeon does not return home. I Love Him so much and i quite depressed thinking about him and don't get enough sleep. pls god, return him to me 😭😭😢🙏🙏