Colour of my pigeon

Post pictures of birds you need identified here!
EllaPirouet

Colour of my pigeon

Post by EllaPirouet »

Hi, I have been trying to figure out what colour my hen is (I attached an image but I'm not sure if you will be able to view it or not so if you have any issues with viewing it let me know). Still not 100% so I was wondering if anybody could help me out. I was also wondering how I could breed more of this colour. ( Her mother was a blue bar and her father was all black with bronze bars) However, I no longer have her parents so I am curious on how i could maybe reproduce her colouring as i love it! Any advice or tips would be great thanks.
Attachments
IMG_E3096.JPG
AdamArcher
Site Admin

Re: Colour of my pigeon

Post by AdamArcher »

Possibly andalusian or spread brown? Feel free to post more pics, including of the wings and tail!
EllaPirouet

Post by EllaPirouet »

Sorry for taking so long to get back! I managed to get a few more pics for you. Wing/tail. I also got another showing her side profile as the first pic had strange lighting on it. I also took a pic of one of her youngsters. ( She is paired to a blue pied cock ) I'm not sure if it will help but thought i would show you anyways lol :)

Youngster:
IMG_3124.JPG
Side Profile:
IMG_3123.JPG
Tail:
IMG_3122.JPG
Wing:
IMG_3121.JPG
Hopefully these help!
AdamArcher
Site Admin

Post by AdamArcher »

Oh, this is dunn! Dilute black. To produce more, pair her to a black or blue bird, then pair her to one of her sons from that mating.
EllaPirouet

Post by EllaPirouet »

Brilliant thank you! I have been trying to figure it out now for 3 years aha! I am definitely going to have a go at breeding a handful more of them. Also, one more thing can I ask what sort of confirmed that she was a dun rather than andalusian or brown spread. Just wondering so I can actually tell the difference as she does look very similar to a couple of spread birds I have seen.
AdamArcher
Site Admin

Post by AdamArcher »

No worries 😊. Andalusian is a more "lacey" and navy blue colour, and brown is... well... brown. I'll try to make a comparison video in the future, but at the moment I don't have a dilute spread (dunn) to use as an example.
EllaPirouet

Post by EllaPirouet »

Ah okay. No worries. I would love to see a vid on it in the future if that would be possible haha. Thanks for all of your help!
AdamArcher
Site Admin

Post by AdamArcher »

No worries 🙂