Blue Bar mated to blue bar. Can you get a blue check baby?

marksam

Blue Bar mated to blue bar. Can you get a blue check baby?

Post by marksam »

I taught that a a pair of blue bars (b/b) will never have a blue check (b/c), but my friend said.....
"yes, they can have a blue checker baby as long as 1 pigeon in there pedigree show a blue checker some where in there pedigree no matter how far back in the generations it is. Two years ago I had 2 b/b mated, the hen was my foundation hen and the cock, a great grandson of supercrack-699. I only got 1 young out of them. I got a beautiful b/b hen with a frill, not one of my birds have a frill in there family, or the supercrack family, that was the last young bird i ever got out of that hen"
AdamArcher
Site Admin

Re: Blue Bar mated to blue bar. Can you get a blue check baby?

Post by AdamArcher »

No, you cannot produce a check from a pair of bars. HOWEVER, sooty can often mimic check. This bird is homozygous bar, no check gene in him at all.
611.jpg
ALBERTO

Post by ALBERTO »

My 2 Blue bar smeulders Janssen's pigeons produced me a blue check And those 2 blue bars are out of Silvers
AdamArcher
Site Admin

Post by AdamArcher »

ALBERTO wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 2:33 pm My 2 Blue bar smeulders Janssen's pigeons produced me a blue check And those 2 blue bars are out of Silvers
This is not possible. Either your young bird is a sooty, another cockbird mated your hen, or your records are incorrect.